Policies & Procedures
- Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming will arrive as close to the scheduled appointment time as possible, however, the groomer will not jeopardize the safety or well-being of another clients’ pets to hasten the groom. Nor will they place themselves at unnecessary risk by rushing to the next appointment. The groomer will call you to advise of any changes in arrival time. There is a one hour window on either side of your appointment. If the groom is booked for a 2:00pm, arrival can be anywhere from 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
- The mobile is equipped with a hand-held debit machine. We accept the following payment options: Debit, cash, e-transfer, or cheque.
- The mobile does not operate in severe weather conditions- this includes -40 wind chill temperatures and large snowfall conditions. We will do everything we can to rebook a new time that works for you.
- Groomers get sick too! We understand your disappointment when your scheduled time is delayed due to illness. At Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming we are dedicated and rarely call in “sick”, but when we do, we will make every attempt in accommodating your needs in rescheduling. There are many variability’s when rebooking mobile and it is a bigger challenge than rebooking a groomer inside a salon. We appreciate your patience and understanding with these situations.
- Cancellation or No-Show Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to scheduled appointment time. Should you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you may be charged a $30.00 cancellation fee per dog, and asked to provide a credit card at the time of booking for your next groom, which we will charge a $30.00 late cancellation fee if it happens again. No-show: In the event that the groomer arrives for a scheduled, confirmed appointment and finds no one there to release the pet to their care, an invoice for the “trip fee” will be sent. We charge $50.00 as a “No-Show” fee per dog.
- Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming reserves the right to charge additional fees for services we consider over and above the norm covered by out standard rates.
- Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming reserves the right to refuse service to customers who pose a threat to our employees, whether it is an aggression problem, health problem, parasite problem, or lice problem.
- Should the owner’s pet expose the salon with fleas/lice there will be an additional $50.00 charge to cover Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming expense for fumigating the unit. It is necessary to fumigate to prevent contamination to other dogs. We will also charge you for the complete groom as it has occupied our schedule. This transaction will be held as a credit until you provide proof from a veterinarian that your dog has been treated and deemed bug free. Upon rebooking the records will display that the “bugs-free” groom has been paid for in advance.
- It has been our experience that when a pet is “shaved down” or “stripped” as it is called in the grooming profession, pre-existing conditions may appear. When a pet is severely matted, air cannot get through to its skin. If the pet has an itch and bites itself, the skin will become sore and will not be able to heal through the matted coat. Stripping uncovers these skin conditions, as well as other skin problems that may have developed from the lack of air and grooming. Please note that it is difficult to strip a matted pet without slightly irritating the skin, since the groomer must get underneath the matts. The only way we will consider stripping your pet is with your consent and you will need to sign a waiver.
- There will be extra charges for this service because the groomer will need extra blades, extra lubricant for the clipper and more time to get under the pet’s matts slowly and carefully. This fee starts at $10 and will increase depending on the size of the dog and the severity of the matting.
- You are aware that neglect of a dog’s coat can be a cause for problems after grooming such as clipper/brush irritation. If your dog is wiggly or doesn’t remain still during grooming, accidents can happen such as nicks/scrapes from clippers or scissors.
- Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming will refuse to shave any double coated dog unless, there is a note from your veterinarian, or the dog is matted beyond repair. There are many health reasons why we refuse to shave a double coated dog including but not limited to, sun burn, heat stroke, wind burn. What we can offer is removal of the dead undercoat the proper way, and if shedding is a problem, we can use special shampoo’s and tools to remove dead shedding fur.
- BITING – Should your dog bite the groomer you may be charged $20.00 per wound as per the PPGAM (Professional Pet Groomers Association of Manitoba.) Groomers use their hands to work, so should the groomer be bitten in the hand there is a possibility that the groomer will not be able to work. We ask that you let us know if your dog has bitten or tried to bite any groomer or person in the past, so that we can take precautions so that biting will not be allowed to happen.
- MATTED COAT- in this is the case you have the following three options:
1. You can brush the coat out and book an appointment for a later date.
2. Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming will de-matt your dog for 1$ a minute up to 30 minutes, in addition to the regular grooming fee if it does not overly stress the dog out. You understand that time and costs associated with de-matting are unpredictable and subject to the particular condition of the dog.
3. You can request a shave down and start over. Additional charges may apply.
- RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE – Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming has the right to refuse service for any reason it deems. In the event that a dog cannot be groomed safely without danger to the groomer/employee or others, Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming will use muzzles, slings, straps, etc. Grooming services may be stopped mid-groom if necessary, for the safety of the dog or groomer. Grooming fees may still be applied.
- ABANDONNED DOGS – No dog may be abandoned in the Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming unit. You agree that you will be home once it is time to return your dog to you, or that you have made alternative arrangements with the groomer to return the dog to the home. A 1$ per minute waiting fee may apply.
- DOGS PHOTOS AND VIDEO RELEASE – You agree to allow Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming, its owners or employees, to use your dog’s name and any images or videos taken while your dog is with Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming, in any form or format, for use, at any time, in any media, marketing, advertising, illustration, trade or promotional materials.
- DUTY TO DISCLOSE – You have disclosed and will continue to disclose on an ongoing basis, any and all medical or other conditions, including but not limited to personality concerns or behaviors that may affect, limit, or prevent your pet’s ability to be groomed by Diamond Dogs Mobile Grooming.